Saturday, March 27, 2010

Memories are Priceless

Photobucket I guess that is why I am truly obsessed and LOVE photography and scrapbooking. The ability to relive some of the moments that happen to us in our lives that truly affect us in deeper ways than we could have ever come to realize at the actual moment they were happening. Being more "present" in my life events is something I continuously strive for, and lately I must admit it seems that way of thinking has somehow exited my mindset as I just feel like I am trying to keep up to the everyday madness and hecticness of life and all it's demands. Can anyone else out there relate? Sometimes we all just need to STOP and take a BREATHE. I feel like I have come down with a sinus cold and infection and I am beginning to think that maybe that is my body's way of telling me to calm down... But back to the photography and scrapbooking obsession...I was going through some of my photos the other day (yes...I was supposed to be cleaning) and I came across photos of our trip to Jasper last May. Matt took me to this beautiful cabin for my birthday and we had such an amazing time. My favorite part was simply the sunshine, warm weather, and being surrounded by such beautiful landscapes that truly take your breath away. I LOVED it. When I look at these photos I LOVE the feeling I get and the place in my heart that I go back to. True heaven and a solid reminder of all that is good in this world. How much fun we had...the conversation, the laughs, the food, the comforting silent moments...I truly loved it all and will forever appreciate every second of it when I look back at this page and remember. What a great gift. I truly love this memory. Photobucket Realize it’s possible, instead of telling yourself why you can’t. Become aware of your self-talk. Squash negative thoughts like a bug. Replace them with positive thoughts. Love what you have already. Be grateful for your life, your gifts, and other people. Every day. Focus on what you have, not on what you haven’t. Don’t compare yourself to others. But be inspired by them. Accept criticism with grace. But ignore the naysayers. See bad things as a blessing in disguise. See failure as a stepping stone to success. Surround yourself by those who are positive. Complain less, smile more. Imagine that you’re already positive. Then become that person in your next act. -Leo Baubata

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

I absolutely love your post...it is so true. We must find a way to stop the chaos and enjoy the everyday!!! And I do believe you must surround yourself with positive things and people. Love the way you refer to squashing negativity like a bug...because that is exactly what it is and needs to be done!!! Thanks again Lindsay for sharing such beautiful thoughts...you are making the world a better place!
p.s. hope you start feeling better, and the cleaning will be there, so enjoy the reminiscing, it probably is exactly what you needed. hugs.

Kim said...

Love the layout!! I'm obsessed too right now :)

About Me

My photo
Lac La Biche, Alberta, Canada
I am just a simple girl with an absolute passion for life. I love celebrating this passion through my photography, scrapbooking, relationships...whatever it may be that makes me happy! I just want to live everyday with meaning and purpose and a great sense of gratitude for everything I have been blessed to have and experience!

Followers

Visitors


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones