Sunday, May 31, 2009

Heidi = Energy IN!

Finally May 30th had arrived! "All Day with Heidi Swapp" was here! In a nutshell, what a "fabulous, fun-filled, ENERGY IN day!" (Thanks Heidi...I absolutely love the concept of ENERGY IN!) And of course, meeting HEIDI SWAPP!!! That in itself is a true "energy in", no doubt! She was incredibly beautiful, inspiring, and endearing in every way (she was also wearing one of the coolest necklaces ever! Loved it!). Her presentation before we started our first project, our energy journal, was fabulous. She was so down to earth and real about her reasonings behind creating this journal. I was totally captivated, as she spoke about energy, energy currencies, risk, change, and reiki! Keeping our energy flow, identifying what makes it change, and how to increase it were definitie "a-ha" moments for me. It was such an awesome presentation and truly made me reflect on even more things in my life that I am both proud of, while simultaneously making me more aware of all the things that still need some more work and serious attention! Getting ready to begin work on my energy journal. Gotta love a clean work space. However, it did not last long! We also recieved the coolest kit packages filled with nothing but goodies and amazing product. There is still so much left over to add to our journal or other projects. This kit also came with the cutest little pink box, that of course I just had to have Heidi sign. A definite reminder for me to keep me motivated and inspired.
The "beautiful mess" is now underway.
Another big highlight for me was having the chance to sit with Sheri. Her and I have got to know each other through our blogs, as well as through the Urban Scrapbook, where she both works and teaches classes. She is such a wonderful and EXTREMELY talented scrapbooker, photographer, and individual! We had such a great time creating together. She is one beautiful person. Can't wait to see you again girl! Heidi making her rounds showcasing her beautiful work during the second half of our class. This time we experimented with distress inks and masks. SO FUN! The results are incredible and I think I found a new love. It is amazing how using these tools can create the most beautiful pages/art. I am loving the transformation of paper. This class definitly made me anticipate Creative Escape even more as I will be having the opportunity to take a class by Tim Holtz, who is the mastermind behind the techniques of distress ink. Fun, fun!

Heidi so graciously signing my pink box.

And, of course this day would not be complete without a photo with Heidi! Thank you so much!:)

Heidi's beautiful collection of pages using masks and distress inks. So gorgeous, these photos do not do them justice at all.

Ending the day with a huge thankyou and hug goodbye from Talia and Kim! I have gotten to know these girls through various scrapbook events and courses over the years and they are the sweetest, most beautiful and talented girls I have come to know (their scrapbooking/projects are AMAZING!). They assisted with Heidi's class and did so much work helping out! Thanks girls! You were incredible and all your efforts are truly appreciated. You helped make the day so much fun and an all out success. Hopefully we can do it all again very soon!

It was such a fabulous weekend.

Feeling completely inspired, blessed, awake and ready!

I am anticipating the week ahead. Time to start anew.

It's time to adopt Heidi's words and philosophy, in her words, "I love the beginning of a new week, I love Monday's!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsay, you are so sweet!
It was an amazing day and I LOVED hanging out with you! Well definitely have to do it again!
You took some great recap pictures and I loved that you are trying to adopt Heidi's love for Mondays... I have to try and do that myself! Have a wonderful week and thank you for your constant inspiration!

Sarah said...

Wow, that sounds like an amazing day! I wish I could have come & taken part in the fun, too.

Talia said...

You are so awesome!!
What a great summary of the day...I am so glad you were there and that you enjoyed it so much. Isn't Heidi amazing?
We need to scrap sometime, luv ya!!

Kim said...

Oh you're too sweet :) So glad you were able to come! It was such a great day and so inspiring. Love your pics and recap of the day. I'm so jealous that you get to go to creative escape...you're going to love it!!

:)

Alli said...

I'm so happy for you Linds! The inpiration and energy given off by such people is just such an attraction!

About Me

My photo
Lac La Biche, Alberta, Canada
I am just a simple girl with an absolute passion for life. I love celebrating this passion through my photography, scrapbooking, relationships...whatever it may be that makes me happy! I just want to live everyday with meaning and purpose and a great sense of gratitude for everything I have been blessed to have and experience!

Followers

Visitors


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones