Tuesday, December 30, 2008

So long 2008...

As the year 2008 draws to a close and a new year fastly approaches, I find myself looking back on an incredible year yet very optimistic as to what the new one will bring. They always say that the older one gets the faster they go by, and I can definitly agree with that fully. It seems just like yesterday that we were ringing in 2008 and here we are about to bid it a fond farewell in our history books. This year was definitly a huge one for me. So many monumental things happened this year to myself, my family, my best friends. There have been ups and downs, changes, good news and the not so good. But all in all, it has been full of many blessings...for which I am always so thankful for. Of all the things that have happened this year, there are definitly some things that have moved me in one way or another and that have definitly made me learn more about myself and the choices that I make in my life. I am so thankful that I have a passion. So many people do not have one, and I could not imagine my life without it. Of course, this passion is my scrapbooks and love for photography and the visual arts. It has changed my life in more ways than one and has made me so much more aware for all that I have that money could not ever buy. If anything, my passion has taught me and continues to teach me about what really does matter and what truly defines happiness. I have made this journal for 2009. I made it to sit on my desk and to continously be a visual reminder for me on keeping my perspective and reminding me of the importance of practicing the many important values for enriching my outlook and approach on everyday life. Speaking of passion, I could not help but include some photos my husband took on his most recent trip sledding to the mountains in BC. The pictures are stunning, and I love that we both have something in our lives, which we can call our own, that we both love to do and can share with each other. I love that he has something that makes him happy and that he looks so forward to doing when he gets the chance.
So long 2008...it has been a great year with many memories that we will cherish forever.
Welcome 2009...I cannot wait to begin creating more!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Lac La Biche, Alberta, Canada
I am just a simple girl with an absolute passion for life. I love celebrating this passion through my photography, scrapbooking, relationships...whatever it may be that makes me happy! I just want to live everyday with meaning and purpose and a great sense of gratitude for everything I have been blessed to have and experience!

Followers

Visitors


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones