Sunday, December 14, 2008

Digital Fun

So, I finally got my hands on my disc from the photographer for our wedding. It seems like they took forever to arrive, however I tried to be as patient as I could be. Of course, I could not just let the photos "be" so I did some of my creative editing and here are a few of my favorites!
As for other stuff going on, Matt and I had a busy weekend in Edmonton getting some Christmas shopping done and enjoying some family time with Matthew's mom's side of the family. It was a great chance to visit and catch up with aunts, uncles and cousins since we have not seen most of them since the wedding!
It also looks like it is going to be a busy week ahead. However, I think everyone is in the same boat with the amount of craziness and business within all our lives, so somehow when I think of that it makes it so much easier to deal with and handle! We are all busy people and just all trying to get through and enjoy this time of year the best that we all can.
It's all about perspective and intention. Living with intention...something on my mind more and more lately. I think it can be such a critical aspect for an individual's mental health and overall happiness and contentment. I am reading a book right now that touches on this factor. It is still that whole notion of "living in the moment" and being "present". Gotta keep those things active in my mind!
As for unexpected news...I just recieved an email from an individual with Simple Scrapbook magazine and a layout I submitted is going to be featured in their May/June 2009 issue! How exciting is that! I cannot believe the first layout I have ever submitted is going to be featured in a magazine. Very cool. So hopefully everything all works out and come next year I will get to see my work in a magazine. I am very lucky!:)
So, as I prepare to start another week I think it is important to just take a moment and count the little blessings that have showered our day today.
And look forward to tomorrow!
It is going to be a great week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your wedding photos! Beautiful!
Who was your photographer?

Anonymous said...

hey lindsay, congrats on SS mag, I have only ever submitted to canadian scrapbooker a couple times, im starting to enjoying SS alot more though!!! that will defiantley be exciting!!!

Kim said...

Beautiful pictures :)

Moments Photography said...

COOL! Way to go on your scrapbooking page, you will have to let me know when and where i can get a look at that baby!! Again such thought provoking and inspiring words Linds, thanks so much!

The Theroux's said...

Hey there. So happy for you about the news of your prized scrap book page. You gotta post which one caught their attention! That is so cool!

About Me

My photo
Lac La Biche, Alberta, Canada
I am just a simple girl with an absolute passion for life. I love celebrating this passion through my photography, scrapbooking, relationships...whatever it may be that makes me happy! I just want to live everyday with meaning and purpose and a great sense of gratitude for everything I have been blessed to have and experience!

Followers

Visitors


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones